The first Annual Behavioral Advisor Forum will be held September 23-24, 2019 at The Palace Hotel in San Francisco, CA.The Investments & Wealth Institute® will offer a new two-day, multi-track conference that will gather the leading authorities in behavioral economics, neuroscience, human decision-making, and communication. Behavioral Advisor Forum will include discussions, presentations, interactive workshops, Q&A, and networking opportunities, all with the goal of providing elite access to industry leaders and improving financial outcomes.
“Helping clients make better decisions is the cornerstone of being an exceptional advisor,” said Sean R. Walters, chief executive officer of the Investments & Wealth Institute. Adding, “applying behavioral finance is a critical skillset to help advisors coach clients to overcome natural instincts as they pursue their investment goals with confidence.”
The Behavioral Advisor Forum is being held in cooperation with Haas School of Business, University of California - Berkeley Faculty and is the premier educational forum for sophisticated advisors who wish to incorporate the latest research and best practices in behavioral science. Like all Investments & Wealth Institute educational offerings, the new forum is designed for advanced practitioners: financial planners, investment advisors, institutional consultants, and private wealth managers. Other unique elements of the forum include:
- Specifically designed for advisors with High Net Worth/Ultra-High Net Worth individuals and families, as well as institutional clients. These clients have unique family (and board) dynamics, that a skilled advisor can add significant value by navigating successfully.
- Multi-disciplinary approach involving aspects of behavioral science in general, while also addressing behavioral finance in particular. Attendees gain insight and context by tapping into other disciplines like psychology, neuroscience, neurolinguistics, choice architecture, human decision-making, and communication.
- Unique access to speakers, attendees, VIPs. The experience will include opportunities for lectures, rapid fire TED talk-style sessions, discussions, Q&A sessions, facilitated workshops, and more.
- Combination of Ivy League quality, academic validation with practical application.
- 100% peer reviewed content.
Notable speakers* include:
- Rich Lyons, P.h.D, Dean of the Haas School of Business
- Gregory La Blanc, Ph.D., Distinguished Teaching Fellow, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
- Terrance Odean, Ph.D., Rudd Family Foundation Professor of Finance
- Barry Schwartz Ph.D., Lecturer, Psychology, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
- Robert Cooper, Ph.D., CEO, Cooper Neuroscience Lab
- Meredith Jones, Founder, Alternative Investment Research
- Steve Vernon, Ph.D,, Research Scholar, Stanford Center for Longevity
The first annual Behavioral Advisor Forum is sure to be an event you won't want to miss. For more detailed event information, visit Behavioral Advisor Forum event web page. Early-bird pricing is available through August 23, 2019. Registration is now open.
*Speakers subject to change