Dear IMCA Members and Friends:
As we enter the holiday season, we’d like to share our appreciation for your support as members of IMCA and your commitment to raising the quality of professionalism in the advisor industry. Without your participation, we couldn’t have progressed toward our mission to deliver premier investment and wealth credentials and world-class education.
Throughout 2016, IMCA’s board of directors and staff were focused on several objectives that articulate the value and outcomes expected by members, the industry, and the public. One key objective is for IMCA to deliver the most relevant knowledge, insights and tools required for you to best serve your clients and distinguish your expertise in a global, and highly competitive marketplace. In 2016, we made great progress toward this education objective:
- Registrations for IMCA’s Conference Series, Master’s Series, Focus Series, and online assessment-based certificate programs grew by 42 percent over 2015.
- Evaluation scores for IMCA’s live events were exceptional. IMCA maintained its commitment to 100% peer-selected programs.
- A half-dozen new live and online courses were launched, increasing the ability of members to learn online, on-demand (i.e. Focus on Fiduciary, Focus on Impact Investing, Focus on Disruption in Business and Technology).
- IMCA received the 2016 Industry Association Award for our new online Applied Behavioral Finance Certificate Program.
Another key objective is for IMCA to maintain its long-standing commitment to high standards, ethics, and quality. This year, we grew the number of CIMA and CPWA certified professionals thereby enhancing the competency and professionalism of advice delivered to the public.
- CIMA and CPWA certified professionals grew by 7 percent over last year, and IMCA membership climbed to 10,900 members from 39 countries.
- In 2016, Yale School of Management joined The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business as U.S.-based CIMA education providers.
- ANSI reaccredited IMCA’s CIMA Certification Program, continuing to make it the only financial services certification in the United States to meet an international personnel certification standard (ISO 17024).
- IMCA doubled the number of CPWA candidates, hosting six CPWA classes in 2016.
- Kaplan Education will begin offering test prep products to CIMA candidates in early 2017, in response to increasing demand for fiduciary investing.
- IMCA revised the IMCA in May.
There’s so much more to highlight! IMCA’s success continues to build, but it’s really just the beginning. Professionals like you continue to see the value of IMCA. For us, as we see our members and friends thrive and rise to the top of our industry, we’re grateful - not only for your success, but for the advice, support, and insights you provide.
As this year comes to a close, we extend our best wishes for a safe, joy-filled time with friends and family this holiday season.
We’ll see you in 2017!
Sean Walters, CAE Scott Thayer, CIMA®
CEO/Executive Director Chairman, Board of Directors